Thursday, September 27, 2012

Whole Wheat Beer Bread



          Beer bread was always my number one purchase when I went to one of those "food parties". You know which one I mean. I would order the three pack (then cry when I used them all up), then I would have to wait for another party to order more. Who likes waiting.......not me. Plus the 3 pack was $15.00 PLUS $5.00 shipping and handling.  So now we're up to $20 for 3 loaves of bread.  Ouch.

         After some research and test runs in my kitchen. I finally got a recipe I love, plus has NO added sugar. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!

                                                    

Ingredients:

    12 oz beer (Lager gives it the best taste, but I usually only have Miller Lite, which still is good)
     3 cups whole wheat flour
     1 tbs. baking powder
     2 tbs. honey
     1 tsp. salt
     1/2 cup  applesauce
     1 tbs. chia seeds   (optional)  check out the health value of chia seeds- they are amazing!
     dash of cinnamon     - just a dash - don't go crazy here
     1 tbs.  melted unsalted butter


     Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Make sure your rack is in the center of the oven. Butter your bread loaf pan.


     Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

      Then fold in the beer, honey and applesauce.
                        
                                  
      Transfer the dough into your loaf pan and spread it out to fill the pan.

                                        
      Pour the melted butter on top of the dough.

                                    
      Put pan in the oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes.

      After about 30 minutes check on the bread, if the top is getting too dark, place a sheet of tin foil loosely over it for the remaining cooking time.

                                    

      All done!!   MMMMMMM ....... smells heavenly.

      Perfect for your fall soups and stews. Or you can have a slice with peanut butter spread on top, like I do when I need a quick lunch.

     I hope you enjoy!

                      Thanks for stopping by, come back soon!
                                       <3

                                  ~ Angela

1 comments:

ThreeDawgLady said...

sounds yummy!

About Me

My Photo
CoffeeandCream
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I'm a 28-year-old mommy who loves to bake,cook, decorate,sew,and DIY everything I can get my hands on. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy my adventures!
View my complete profile

Grab My Button!

Coffee, Caramel and Cream

I've Been Featured!

sunshineaward
Powered by Blogger.

Followers