Thursday, January 17, 2013

Master Bathroom is Done!!!


And boy are we tired and in need of a shower. We are thrilled to say that the master bathroom is done. Jared and I have never had our own bathroom, so this is going to be hard and wonderful to get used to. I have to keep reminding myself to go there instead of the hall bath.

So to catch up anyone who missed it a few months ago, we started with a nook in our bedroom that was always meant to be a bathroom but for whatever reason the original owners elected not to put it in. Remember that when we ripped up the carpet we found all the lines laid out and saw that the framing was ripped down? Crazy town.

Here is what we started with...

                     
And after my carpenter husband worked long weekend hours....

                                                      
                                           
Sigh........isn't he amazing and dreamy?

Ok, ok, back to the bathroom.......... here it is!!!!

                         
                                                  

                                         
I love the cool watery feeling of the paint (Olympic's Oasis at 75%) . The bamboo blinds and woven waste basket help to add texture to a room filled with mostly hard surfaces.

What's my favorite part?   The floor. Hands down, the floor.  
                  


If you remember when we started this project I was in love with the small glass clear penny tile we found and I had plans to add it around the sink as a back splash. However once we had all the elements in, I thought the penny tile would be too much. The floor is now the star of this show.


This morning I was doing my hair in our new bathroom and I hear Sadie come in behind me. She had carried her potty seat in and wanted to go potty in "our" bathroom.   :-)  The girl has good taste.

Thanks to everyone who has been following us along on this adventure. Please let us know what you think, we'd love to hear from you.

Have a great day!

                                                           

                                   

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Um WOW!! That look so amazing.. Your husband did an amazing job :)


www.studentswife.com

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Wow it looks great! I love the paint color.

Mom said...

Great job to both of you!!!!! Can't wait to use it!! :)

Smalltowngiggles said...

Love it. The color is great. Wish I had an a bathroom off our bedroom. We did add a walk in closet off the bathroom a couple of years ago and that is really cool. But unlike you, I had to hire that done. My hubby is NOT handy at all. lol

Ashley said...

The bathroom looks great! I just found your blog and love it! I think we have a lot in common,(especailly after reading the About Me section, and seeing that you love to have QVC on in the background at Christmas...I thought I was the only one! LOL! I especially love when they do Christmas in July) and would love it if you visited my blog! I'm your newest follower!!

http://agratefulheart-ashley.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm going
to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
Also see my page :: keep reading

Eatlovemerry said...

The bathroom is so sweet!!

The Makeup Maven said...

WOW! That is an amazing transition! Great job! I love the black and white theme ♥

I absolutely love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so artistic and creative. I really enjoyed browsing your blog. I followed you on GFC! Hoping you can come by mine too :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

XOXO
Your new follower,
www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

DoubleTheLove! said...

Wow, I absolutely love it! Specially that colour, I have been thinking about painting our bathroom, might have to give this colour a shot cause its so darn beautiful! :) GREAT job!

About Me

My Photo
CoffeeandCream
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I'm a 28-year-old mommy who loves to bake,cook, decorate,sew,and DIY everything I can get my hands on. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy my adventures!
View my complete profile

Grab My Button!

Coffee, Caramel and Cream

I've Been Featured!

sunshineaward
Powered by Blogger.

Followers